Home-Styling | Ana Antunes: Celebrity Rooms - Mariah Carey

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Celebrity Rooms - Mariah Carey

Today 'Celebrity rooms' is showing you the Platinum Singer Mariah Carey, in her living room of the New York City Apartment. The interior designer Mario Buatta told AD that it was basically a raw space when he found it. The Art Deco influence came from the architecture of the building erected during that period. 

I do appreciate the Art Deco style but in a lighter approach I guess, not so much as an all Art Deco set as this house feels to me.

***
O Celebrity rooms de hoje mostra-vos o apartamento em Nova York, da galardoada cantora Mariah Carey. O designer de interiores Mario Buatta, responsável pelo projecto, disse numa entrevista para a AD que o espaço era praticamente uma pedra em bruto, quando o encontrou. A influência ART DECO foi inspirada pela estrutura exterior do edifício, construído nos anos 20/30. 

Eu gosto particularmente do estilo ART DECO, que serviu de inspiração para o meu próximo projecto no Querido Mudei a casa (a emitir no próximo domingo) mas numa abordagem mais leve, e menos cenário da epoca.  

 I this picture I would keep the sofa, 
the lamp the plant and the wall lamp.

***
Nesta imagem eu mantinha o sofá, o candeeiro de pé, 
a planta e o aplique da parede.


 In the Hall I would keep the plants and the ceiling lamp.
I really don't like that table there...
***
No hall de entrada os buxos e o candeeiro.
Não gosto mesmo da mesa neste contexto.




 This is a good example... It looks like a comfortable loom and I
like the sofas but why adding 
the fringe things?! See what I mean?

***
Este é um bom exemplo... Gosto do sofás mas porquê adicionar
as franjas que lhe dão imediatamente um toque de casa da avó!...
Percebem o que eu digo?...


This is absolutely my dream room in the house!
A girls dream closet that looks more like a clothing store!!
I guess I would keep everything from here. Even the clothes!
***
Esta é a minha divisão favorita na casa!
Ou não fosse o closet de sonho para qualquer menina fashionista e
que parece mais uma loja de roupa nas amoreiras!!!
Faz-me lembrar a loja das meias!!
Aqui ficava com tudo até as roupas!!



That venetian mirror won my favourite piece in the house. 
Lovely!

***
Quem me conhece sabe que tenho uma secreta paixão 
por espelhos e este é definitivamente a minha peça favorita
desta casa. Lindo!

Bom domingo a todos e até amanhã!
Ana Antunes

5 comments :

  1. So pretty !!!


    You have an interesting blog !

    If you like French fashion, you should check out mine ;). Tell me what you think, and maybe follow me if you like it !



    xx





    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana. I agree with you... Some of the things at her home are too heavy! I looooove the closet!

    I am glad you have a new project at Querido Mudei a Casa! I am looking forward to watch it. I love your style... I think we have very similar tastes (just ser the books at my coffee table) :p! Some coincidencea are incredible?

    Keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ana. I agree with you... Some of the things at her home are too heavy! I looooove the closet!

    I am glad you have a new project at Querido Mudei a Casa! I am looking forward to watch it. I love your style... I think we have very similar tastes (just ser the books at my coffee table) :p! Some coincidencea are incredible?

    Keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love Mariah's closet too! Wow! It's like a boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sinceramente, só gostei do closet. Muito escuro o resto e com tralha a mais e peças muito grandes e muito 'museu'

    ReplyDelete

Comments here:

Blogs do Ano - Nomeado Decoração